domingo, 31 de mayo de 2015

Diary Entry

    In this task we have to write a diary entry related to the poem "For my Grandmother Knitting" by Liz Lochhead. We had to write as if we were the grandmother form the poem, inculding the information that the poem provides to us.

May, 15 2015

Dear diary:
            Today was a typical Sunday. My family came today and we spent a beautiful time together, and Liz, my little angel, she is so grown up, I love her. I knitted lots of things today, I knitted a blue scarf for my handsome son Pablo, a green sweater for my lovely daughter-in law Gabriela and for my little angel Liz I knitted some purple gloves. My useless hands are hurting me a lot. Maybe I don't have the best relationship with them, they always criticize me and I always get angry but I love them, and by knitting I try to show that.
             But today Pablo told me "Stop knitting there is no need". That shocked me. There's no need? Are they serious? They don't understand me. Knitting is the only way to show them that I love them, my hands are useless, old and arthritic. Knitting is the only thing I can do. Of course I would love to be again that young fisher girl, I used to be, that bride, that mother of six that can do everything with just her two hands but I can't. I will not stop knitting! That is the only way to show them my love, they will have to understand that I will not stop knitting! Whether they like it or not.
                                   Kisses

                                                    Good night.











No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario