domingo, 21 de mayo de 2017

A love that can change everything

        Newlands Writing Competition


       Every year in our school we have a writing competition, in which we received instruction to wrtie a pice of writing. This year our task was to chose over one of the following suggestions to write about:

1- Write a story which contains this:
*"I will never forget that day"
2- How did he dare do that to me?
3- We should be more concerned about the dangers of social networking.

  I chose option number one. This is my writing:

   It was last year, 24th of November. It was a strange day, notwithstanding it was all worth it. I woke up at six, as usual. Although, a little bit different. I ate breakfast, put on my working clothes and I was ready to go. I grabbed my keys and my cell phone and headed my way to open the door and leave, when I noticed I had a message from my sister.
      "You are going to be an aunt! My water broke today at 5am, I'm in the hospital! Emma is coming." I started panicking. Me an aunt? I was so excited and afraid. I rushed to my car and started driving as fast as I could. I was twenty blocks from the hospital when my car broke down. Desperately, I went to get a cab. I waited for ten minutes and nothing. I was so anxious that I started running, it was only twenty blocks, I could do it. I started getting tired after ten blocks. I couldn’t stand still. As a consequence of my nerves I pushed a man with a coffee and my t-shirt got wet. I ignored it and continued running. One block apart I fell. My knee started bleeding, I gathered up all my strength and continued.
        When I got to the hospital I was very excited and proud of myself. It was a rough day, I was exhausted. Nevertheless when I saw Emma’s face everything was marvellous. I will never forget that day, and I understand that a person could do anything for the ones he/she loves.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario